- Doing at end of practice as disguised running is good
- Keep the players at defined distances: wing restraining line, sideline to sideline
- They run, they communicate, it is full speed
- Throw the ball.
- If you are doing catch and switch hands, then they should be running diagonally five yards when they switch hands. They should not be running in a straight line and switching hands.
- The lines should be offset by 5 yards and they need to reset when you change which hands they are switching from and to.
Groundball Lines Drills
Have the player picking up the ball after picking it up to throw it. One of the most important parts of getting a GB is moving it after getting it. Therefore, why practice picking a ball up and then putting it back down.
Make sure the ball is in front of the scooper before he leaves his line. Otherwise it is not a GB away, it is a GB sideways.