Two Men or One Man Inside
Drill Notes & Diagram
- Outside players either on sideline or restraining lines
- One or two players standing in middle between outside players
- Place balls near outside players
- Depending on the number of players you have you can put 1 or 2 players inside
- Players in the middle run the entire time
- 2 outside players remain still
- Rotate the outside and inside players about every 30 seconds.
- This is a great end of practice conditioning drill.
- Run through the ball before turning, run to and through the ball
- Continue running
- Turn to butt end of stick
- Get ball out of stick; turn and throw.
- If the players are very close to one another when throwing and catching it is one of two things
- If your lines are too close
- The players are holding onto the ball too long.
- Right to Right turn with the ball. Left to Left turn with the ball.
- Right to Right turn without the ball. Left to Left turn without the ball.
- If this is with one person in the middle you will need 2 balls
- Groundballs: guys on outside catch and roll, guys inside scoop and throw
- Scoop and turn with the ball
- Scoop and turn without the ball
- Over the shoulder, guys inside make a square, after each catch and each throw they plant their outside foot. Catch, plant, throw, plant, catch, plant, throw…
- If catching over right shoulder, right handed, plant right foot if catching over left shoulder, left handed, plant left foot